Okay, so you have booked, or are thinking of booking your boudoir experience. NOW WHAT? You may be wondering what are some things you can do, or shouldn’t do before your session. Below is a list of a couple of things you can do to prep, along with the benefits that these services provide. I’ve also included some things I would not recommend doing prior to your session.
Services To Invest In:
- A lot of my girls will get waxing services done on their legs, bikini area, brows, etc. I recommend doing this a few days before your session. It is recommended to gently exfoliate the area you will be getting waxed 24-48 hours prior for best results. This helps prevent ingrown hairs. Exfoliating 1-2 times a week is great for your skin and you can do this by gently going in circles on your skin with a wash cloth, loofah or an exfoliating cream.
- Waxing as a form of hair removal is much more effective and longer lasting vs. shaving. When you have a waxing treatment done, the hair is being removed from the root which results in the hair taking longer to grow back. When you shave, the hair is just being removed at the surface of your skin, so it grows back quicker. With waxing, the hair also grows back thinner and when you continue to get waxed, less and less hair grows back each time. It is recommended to wax every 4-6 weeks to get the best results without shaving in between.
- Some of my girls get facials prior to their shoot just for a little more pampering, because… TREAT YO SELF GIRL! You would want to do this at least a week or even two before your shoot. Since facials can sometimes cause redness, a week usually allows enough time to heal.
- Facials are a great skin treatment to incorporate into your normal beauty routine. It is recommended to get them once a month. Doing this along with great at-home skin care will help you reach your skin goals and maintain healthy, beautiful and glowing skin!
Do’s & Don’ts:
- THINGS YOU SHOULD DO
- Manicure, Pedicure, Clean your Wedding Ring/Jewelry, Touch Up Roots/Trim Hair, Drink lots of Water, and Wear Loose Clothes to Session.
- THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO
- Any Drastic Hair or Skin changes within 2 weeks prior such as; New Haircut/Color, Tattoos, Piercings, or Spray Tan. Avoid wearing tight clothing to your session as it can created lines or marks on your skin.
Who I recommend for the above services:
Waxing: Schedule your appointment with Brittany Kirkley at Bare Waxing Salon in Oklahoma City. https://bareokc.com/book/
Facials: Schedule your appointment with Andrea Barnard at Bloom Medical Aesthetics in Norman. https://www.facebook.com/andreabarnard.artist/